The Vorgee Million Metre Awards acknowledge progress from the “learn to swim” beginner to the distance swimmer. These awards are intended to stimulate members to strive for greater fitness and are open to all registered members of Masters Swimming Australia.
The Million Metre Awards were established in 2001 for one, three, and ten million metres. In 2004, they were expanded to include five and seven million metres. In 2007, the two million metre award was added. In 2008, the Vorgee Award was expanded to recognise swimmers who attain fifteen million metres and above.
Upon successful completion of 1 million, 2 million, 3 million, 5 million, 7 million, and 10 million metres, members are awarded with:
- a polo shirt and certificate (1 mil);
- a polo shirt and certificate (2 mil);
- a polar fleece, engraved plaque, and a certificate (3 mil);
- a polo shirt, engraved plaque, certificate, and Vorgee gift pack (5 mil);
- a polar fleece vest, engraved plaque, certificate, and Vorgee gift pack (7 mil);
- a taslon jacket, engraved plaque, certificate, and Vorgee gift pack (10 mil).
All garments are embroidered with the Masters Swimming Australia logo, the Vorgee logo, the words “One (two, three, five, seven or ten) Million Metre Club”, and the recipient’s name.
As you swim, record your distances covered in training and races using the Record Card. Once distances are completed, contact your Branch to obtain an award application form. Once all details are verified, the award will be processed at the National Office and sent to the Branch to arrange the presentation. You can download the application form below but it must be sent to your branch for processing.
© 2011 Masters Swimming Australia Site by IMG STG